And whether you know...
Adrenocorticotropic hormone (AKTG)
Adrenocorticotropic hormone, in abbreviated form AKTG, is a substance which is produced by a front share of a hypophysis. This hormone is tropny, on a structure belongs to peptide. Secretion and synthesis of adrenocorticotropic hormone is regulated by a hypothalamus. Under the influence of AKTG corticosteroids then they leave in blood, and thanks to special interrelations are synthesized, regulate further production of hormone.
Secretion of this hormone in blood depends on time of day: at 6 o'clock in the morning its maximum concentration, and in 22 – minimum is observed. Also its secretion is strongly influenced by a stress.
AKTG role in an organism:
- Control of secretion and synthesis of adrenal hormones
- It is capable to influence training processes, motivation, memory
- Enters interaction with other hormones, such as vasopressin, prolactin, opioid peptides
- Possesses melanotsitostimuliruyushchy activity
- Increases a reserve of pantothenic and ascorbic acid, and also cholesterol in bark of adrenal glands
- Activates transformation of tyrosine into melanin
- Stimulation of bark of adrenal glands
- Strengthens secretion and synthesis of catecholamines adrenal glands
Blood test on AKTG
The analysis of this hormone is made, as well as the analysis any other, – by blood sampling from a vein. As material serves the blood plasma. 8-53 pg/ml are considered standard of the contents. The test is made since the morning, as well as the majority of analyses, – strictly on an empty stomach, except for others the recommendation of the endocrinologist. For the accuracy of comparison of data the subsequent test needs to be made at the same time because of daily fluctuations of level of adrenocorticotropic hormone. The exception of exercise stresses and smoking one day before delivery of the analysis is a necessary condition for the accuracy of data. For women of fertile age carrying out the analysis for the 6th day of a menstrual cycle is considered optimum.
The lowered level of hormone can observe at periods and during pregnancy, when carrying out X-ray inspections within the last week, at non-compliance with requirements to research. Increase of level usually arises because of reception of the following drugs: insulin, amphetamines, pyrogens, and also at a hypoglycemia.
Lowering of the level adrenocorticotropic hormone can be observed at pituitary insufficiency, at tumors of adrenal glands, pathologies of a hypophysis and a hypothalamus, generalized infections. Increase in its level happens at an adrenoleykodistrofiya, an epinephral virilism, postoperative states, Addison's illness, ectopic tumors which produce AKTG, diseases of Kushinga, the KRG-syndrome.
Indications for blood test on adrenocorticotropic hormone:
- At diagnosis of tumors of a hypophysis and bark of adrenal glands
- At Addison's illness
- At an Icenco-Cushing syndrome
- At a syndrome of chronic fatigue
- At strong fatigue as a result of normal loadings
- At diagnosis of arterial hypertension
- At therapy by glucocorticoids for determination of its efficiency, and also in case of its long current