And whether you know...
February 23, 2012
The antidote, or antidote is a medicine which is directed to easing or cancellation of toxic agents on an organism. The choice of antidote depends on character and type of active ingredients which became the poisoning reason. Efficiency of an antidote is defined by that, the substance which brought to poisoning and also from the speed of delivery of health care is how correctly established.
Depending on character of toxin or poison, as an antidote these or those mixes or substances can be used:
- Naloxonum – at overdose poisoning with opioids;
- Glucose – is used as auxiliary antidote at a set of poisonings, entered orally or intravenously. It is capable to connect cyanhydric acid;
- Atropine – is applied at poisoning with inhibitors of acetylcholinesterase and muscarine;
- Ethanol – is applied at poisoning with methyl alcohol;
- Antivenene serum – at snake stings;
- Sodium thiosulphate – is an antidote in case of a poisoning with cyanides and salts of heavy metals;
- Protaminsulfat — is an antagonist of heparin;
- Ascorbic acid – is used for detoksikatsionny nonspecific therapy, as antidote from potassium permanganate;
- Lipoic acid – is used as an amanitine antidote at poisoning with a death angel;
- Tsitokhrom-S — at poisoning with carbon monoxide;
- Nalorfinum – is effective at poisoning with benzdiazepines, Omnoponum, morphine;
- Acetylcysteinum – is an antidote for paracetamol, a dichloroethane, it neutralizes its toxic metabolites;
- B6 vitamin — is used as an antidote at poisoning with antitubercular drugs, a hydrazine;
- Alcohol – at poisoning with methyl alcohol.
Besides, antidotes happen widely and narrow action, in dependence about that, they are capable to neutralize one or several substances. At poisoning with any substance or medicine, at overdose by the toxicologist the decision on purpose of this or that antidote for neutralization of toxic impact of poison on an organism is made.