And whether you know...
Appetite represents feeling which is connected with desire to eat food, on the other hand it is considered as the physiological mechanism which are regulated by intake of nutrients in an organism.
Close connection of appetite is traced with activity of the food center, namely with its departments in bark of hemispheres and a hypothalamus of a brain. Appetite depends on information on an expenditure of food stocks, assimilation and receipt of food, on food conditions, this information comes to the food center. You should not associate appetite with exhaustion of stocks in an organism, so it demonstrates that this exhaustion can shortly come, that is he only warns. Therefore irritants which create appetite are capable to change the value at change of a diet.
Arousing appetite is connected with the level of products of an intercellular exchange in blood and their assimilation, a condition of fatty stocks, fall of temperature of a body, content in the fabrics of water, reductions of an empty stomach and many other irritants influencing from the outside which depend on conditioned-reflex activity: usual situation, smell and type of food, etc.
Among products which increase appetite it is possible to note the following:
- Seasonings and spices, especially a glutamate of sodium which consumption exceeds everything other amplifiers of taste today.
- Such spices as horse-radish, mustard, salt, and also marinated vegetables also well stimulate appetite as all salty and acute increases development of a gastric juice.
- Acid products, such as lemon juice, a citrus, sauerkraut, acid apples, etc. act on a gastrointestinal tract similarly, as well as salty and acid products: all of them stimulate work of a pancreas.
- Sweets. At first can seem that they thanks to high caloric content well lower appetite and cope with feeling of hunger, however through absolutely short time you will want to eat again, and, much stronger.
- Alcohol and coffee can also force you to eat more, than you originally wanted.
Braking of appetite is provided at the expense of stretching of gastric walls with food, as a result of the act of food, change of level of various hormones, oncological diseases, viral and bacterial infections, assimilation and absorption of cleavage products of food. Some products are also capable to reduce appetite:
- Meat and fish, that is "light" proteins. They provide stable thermogenesis, that is normalize the body temperature, blood circulation, normal digestion.
- Grain of a rough grinding, porridge, muesli. Not for nothing British accustomed to eat the whole world for breakfast these products: they give sense of fulness for long time.
- Rough root crops: celery, beet, carrots, and also bean cultures. They are capable to influence appetite thanks to the content of various carbohydrates.
Appetite happens the general and selective. For the first the need for any of food, is characteristic of the last – in any specific: vitamins, mineral substances, carbohydrates, proteins, fats.
Digestion, assimilation, secretion of a gastric juice and saliva depends on appetite not only regulation of meal in necessary quantity for an organism, but also. Good appetite, as a rule, testifies about mental and physical health. However it is not necessary to confuse it to "voracious appetite" — constant desire to eat food which is observed at some diseases. The small appetite, and also its extreme form – anorexia, painful strengthening of appetite (bulimia) or its perversion can be observed at many mental and nervous breakdowns, brain tumors, endocrine diseases, avitaminosis, disturbance of work of a gastrointestinal tract. In such cases of return of appetite to a normality it is possible at eradication of a disease, and also at observance of the necessary diet registered by the doctor.
One of the most frequent reasons which stimulates appetite it is fluctuations of level of sugar in blood. Intensive and short-term absorption of sweet products, fast food, carbonated drinks provoke these fluctuations. Such short-term having a snack is capable will increase sugar level several times. The human body can apprehend such situation as danger and therefore it begins to overtake sugar in fat that will get rid of the raised sugar level in blood. After that its level sharply falls, and the signal of hunger is sent to a brain.