And whether you know...
November 17, 2011
The atheroma of skin is a new growth of the tumorous nature which arises when the channel of a sebaceous gland is corked. The place of localization of an atheroma – any site of skin where hair can grow, thus, is mainly face skin and the heads, area of generative organs, spin, a neck.
The atheroma is superficially located, skin pleated over it does not gather. If this new growth begins to abscess, pain, temperature increase, hypostasis, fluctuation develops. In this case independent break of an atheroma outside therefore pus is emitted is possible.
The secondary atheroma represents a retentsionny cyst. This look can arise quite often at the people inclined to a hyperhidrosis, flegmozny and spherical eels, fat seborrhea. Usually this look is more dense, painful, has a bluish shade, can be the size from a pea up to small plum. The place of localization of a secondary atheroma of skin – on a breast, a back, behind ears, in cheeks, on nose wings, on a neck. Usually this look begins to grow from a small new growth then independently is opened and becomes an ulcer. Also quite often there is its closing with dense connecting fabric under which there is a painful tumor. Sometimes the secondary atheroma turns into a malignant new growth.
Specifics of an atheroma sometimes lead to the fact that at its diagnosis it is difficult to make the correct diagnosis. Quite often the atheroma can mistakenly be accepted to the following new growths:
- Lipomas – connective tissue tumors of the high-quality nature which arise in hypodermic friable fabric and can get into muscles. It does not bear in itself danger, however in the cosmetology purposes can be removed in the surgical way.
- Hygromas – accumulation of serous liquid in combination with various impurity.
- Lymphadenitis – increase in lymph nodes. In total on a body of the person is more than five hundred lymph nodes therefore increase in one of them can be accepted for an atheroma in view of similar outward. However, lymphadenitis demands survey of the doctor and treatment more serious, than removals of an atheroma.
There are several ways of treatment of an atheroma:
- Skin is accurately dissected not to damage an atheroma then it is enucleated from a fabric cavity.
- This way is the most widespread as even huge atheromas can be deleted in this way without formation of big defects on skin. At first two bordering cuts around an opening become. The clip occupies regions, accurately pull under them, branches of curved scissors bring under an atheroma. It is enucleated closing and parting scissors. Usually this method is followed by insignificant bleeding. In case of the big size of an atheroma on hypodermic cellulose and skin stitches which are usually removed in 8-12 days can be put.
- The place of performance of a section is small swelling. After its implementation contents of a new growth are squeezed out on bandage. After that two clips the capsule is taken, from her cavity the acute spoon scrapes out the remains of liquid and fat.