And whether you know...
Demodicosis, in popular speech — demodeks, the illness caused by the parasites, pathogenic ticks getting and living in hair follicles, sebaceous and meibomian glands of the person and mammals. For today about 65 kinds of this tick, about 0,2-0,5 mm in size are known, but on the person there live only 3 look. The tick demodeks at research is found in 90% of the population, but he does not cause a demodicosis in the majority. The illness mechanism is not found out from certain people yet, in fact it is an allergy to stings of insects, diagnosis of a demodicosis confirms the diagnosis at people with the weakened immune system, disbolism, at advanced age and at children with digestive tract pathologies more often.
The little body of an adult individual is covered with scales which it clings in hair follicles. As food for a tick serve hormones of the person and skin fat. As demodeksa avoid a daylight and come to a surface only in the dark, and discomfortable symptoms of a demodicosis are explained by it at night.
Time of life of an individual of a demodeks several weeks, during this time the female manages to make layings on several tens eggs from which in 3-4 days new mites appear. The died ticks decay in skin and hair cloves.
The mechanism of start-up of an illness so far is up to the end not found out, it is considered that the illness begins to be shown after stresses and an emotional overstrain when the immune system weakens. Often the demodicosis begins to develop at the women who are fond of hormonal means and cosmetics. The nutrients which are contained in them are favourite food and habitat of mites. It is noticed that women with friable and gentle skin, have a demodicosis more often.
Also the risk group includes the people who are fond of suntan, baths and saunas, spicy food and emotionally unbalanced. At stresses production of skin fat which will couple a food source becomes more active, and it creates favorable conditions for reproduction.
The illness begins with appearance of eels and irritations, a peeling of skin, reddening. The following symptoms are noted:
- skin is hilly, with an earthy-gray shade, in the thickness of skin the small firm calcinated lumps are formed;
- enlarged pores and increase of sebaceous secretion, sites of the affected skin look wet, with a characteristic greasy luster;
- there is an acne illness, a great number of eels, including purulent, the becoming wet yazvochka, rash, red spots, then eels appear on a breast, a back and even hips;
- demodicosis symptoms are sometimes shown intolerable, the itch amplifying at night, an easy shchekotaniye, apparently, on skin someone creeps;
- the itch in centuries and hair part of the head, amplifies loss of eyelashes and hair;
- itch in auricles and acoustical passes;
- the nose, sometimes considerably increases in sizes, the mimic movements of face muscles are complicated.
Diagnosis of a demodicosis
For diagnosis under a microscope scraping from an affected area of skin is investigated, at detection of mites the diagnosis is made.
Treatment of a demodicosis
Antibiotics for stopping of inflammatory processes, sedative drugs, except antidepressants are appointed to stages of an aggravation. Immunocorrective therapy is carried out. Treatment of a demodicosis complex.
For the purpose of clarification of skin outside therapy is carried out, the gel drugs containing metronidazole effectively proved to be. For increase rn skin the peeling with fruit acids is carried out, it interferes with recurrence of a demodicosis and emergence of inflammations. Antiparasitic drugs are not always effective. Well treatment an electrophoresis with the moisturizing substances and a microdermabrasion course proved to be.
For fixing of result the course of electrocoagulation of vessels is recommended.
Section: Dermatology (Skin diseases)