And whether you know...
In 1 ml drug Gudlak contains 667 mg of lactulose in a liquid form.
Additional substances: potassium sorbate, water, caramel fragrance.
Viscous yellow syrup with a caramel smell. 200 ml of syrup in a glass dark bottle — one bottle with a measured cup in a pack from paper.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Purgative. Has laxative and hyperosmotic effect, stimulates reductions of intestines, improves absorption of phosphates and salts of calcium, helps elimination of ions of ammonium.
Drug helps reproduction of Lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus under the influence of which molecules of lactulose decay with formation of mainly lactic acid and partially acetic and ant acids. As a result osmotic pressure increases and decreases rn environments of a large intestine. It causes migration of molecules of ammonia from blood in an intestines gleam, its ionization and preservation, and also increase of number of fecal masses and stimulation of a vermicular movement of intestines. The elimination of ions of ammonium occurs at emergence of laxative effect.
Slows down education and absorption of nitrogen-containing toxins in a large intestine. Suppresses reproduction of salmonellas.
The effect comes 1-2 days later after the use that is caused by duration of passing of medicine on a digestive tract.
After the use lactulose is almost not soaked up. Reaches distant departments of a digestive tract in an original form where is exposed to active transformation under the influence of bacterial flora. At the use of a dose in 35-75 ml it is metabolized completely.
Only 3% of a dose are removed by kidneys. At reception in high doses it can be removed completely in an original form.
Indications to use
- For a chair softening at a pain syndrome (simplification of the act of defecation) after a resection of hemorrhoidal nodes.
- Lock, including chronic, at hemorrhoids, pregnancy.
- After operative measures on a large intestine or in a rectum, for preparation for operative measures on a large intestine.
- Hepatic encephalopathy or hepatic coma.
- Kolostoma or ileostoma.
- Rectal bleedings.
- Suspicion on appendicitis.
- Lactose intolerance, glucose galactose malabsorption, lack of lactase.
- Intestinal impassability.
- Hypersensitivity to medicine components.
It is recommended to use with care drug to persons with a diabetes mellitus.
- Frustration from digestion: in the first days of the use development of a meteorism is possible, diarrhea, abdominal pains, nausea are also not excluded.
- When using drug in high dosages for an appreciable length of time for the prevention and treatment of a hepatic coma diarrhea and an imbalance of a water salt metabolism are probable.
- Frustration from nervous activity: headache, spasms, dizziness.
- Other reactions: arrhythmias, fatigue, allergic reactions, mialgiya, weakness.
Application instruction (Way and dosage)
The instruction on Gudlak orders to accept a daily dose once in the first half of day during food.
Day doses define, proceeding from individual requirement. The clinical effect comes usually 1-2 days later. If the effect does not come to light after two days of use of drug, the dosage can be increased.
At treatment of locks or for simplification of the act of defecation:
- at adults the initial day dose is equal to 10-46 ml, the supporting day dose – 10-26 ml;
- at children of 7-14 years the initial day dose is equal to 16 ml, the supporting day dose – 10-16 ml;
- at children of 1-6 years the initial day dose is equal to 4-10 ml, the supporting day dose – 4-10 ml;
- at children about one year the initial day dose is equal to 5 ml, the supporting day dose – 5 ml.
At a hepatic coma or encephalopathy of hepatic genesis the initial dose of equal 30-50 ml three times a day is recommended. The day dose can reach 90-190 ml. The maintenance dose is selected so that the act of defecation happened 2-3 times a day, and rn a calla there were 5,0-5,4.
There is no information on drug overdose.
Overdose signs: abdominal pains, diarrhea and imbalance of electrolytes.
Overdose therapy: stop of administration of drug.
Neomycinum and antacids weaken effect of lactulose.
It is not recommended to use lactulose within two hours after reception of other medicines.
Lactulose is forbidden to be accepted together with medicines, absorption or removal of which from an organism changes rn intestines contents.
Terms of sale
To store at a temperature up to 25 °C, it is forbidden to freeze. To protect from children.
Period of validity
2 years. After packaging opening drug needs to be used within 28 days.
In the absence of clinical results within several days or when resuming a delay of a chair after completion of treatment it is necessary to consult with the doctor.
At long reception (more than half a year) it is necessary to exercise control of maintenance of ions of chlorine, potassium and carbon dioxide in blood.
At a gastrocardial syndrome it is recommended to increase gradually dosages to avoid a meteorism.
At the elderly and weakened patients using lactulose more than half a year it is regularly recommended to control the content of electrolytes in blood.
At development of diarrhea treatment is stopped.
Coincidence on the ATH code of the 4th level:
Pauly's lactulose, Dyufalak, Lactulose of Stada, Lizalak, Livolyuk-PB, to Normaza, Prelaksan, Portalak, Romfalak
/a class='other-apteks-link link01'>to show still
PAY ATTENTION! Information on drugs on the website is help generalizing, collected from public sources and can form the basis for making decision on use of medicines it is not aware of treatment. Before medicine use Gudlak surely consult with the attending physician.