And whether you know...
Inhalation represents one of methods of administration of medicines which is based on inhalation of a smoke, steam or gas.
Inhalations can be divided on natural (for example when the person breathes medical salty air of the sea resort, forest air), and also artificial (special devices which create necessary conditions for inhalation of useful substance are in that case used).
It is possible to distinguish aerosols, the medical ventilator, the device for inhalations from means of carrying out the last type of inhalations (nebulizer), an inhaler parovlazhny, the camera of hyperbaric oxygenation.
During inhalation of people useful particles of a certain size come to an organism, it can be liquid aerosols, volatiles, gases, etc. It is possible to distinguish the following from advantages of such type of introduction:
- Absorption time in comparison with other ways of administration of medicines decreases
- Creates selective influence of medicinal substance
- Provides absorbing, and also local effects
Inhalations find rather wide range of use in medicine:
- In pulmonology. Treatments of bronchial asthma, infections of the lower and upper respiratory tracts, catarrhal diseases and other painful states is the most frequent direction of use of inhalations.
- In anesthesiology. Along with artificial ventilation of the lungs, administration of medicines through inhalations is widely applied in anesthesiology, especially in a usage time of the general anesthesia.
- In an aromatherapy. The aromatherapy also uses inhalations for more treatment, namely for providing more concentrated smells though often together with aromas the patient inhales also other useful substances.
Indications to procedure use:
- Prevention of complications after operational intervention
- Bronchoectatic disease
- Bronchial asthma
- Fungal infections of respiratory tracts
- HIV in a stage of respiratory frustration
- SARS and their complications
As well as any other medical procedures, inhalations have a number of contraindications:
- Heart failure of a severe form
- Emphysema of lungs (violent)
- Pulmonary bleedings
- Intolerance of the drugs which are a part of inhalation
- Pheumothorax (traumatic or spontaneous).
Use of inhalations for treatment of ORZ and a SARS
Use of this procedure in such purposes is, perhaps, one of the most popular ways of house carrying out inhalation. Being fine local therapy, thanks to impact directly on a mucous membrane, medicine is delivered at the destination at once thanks to what the immediate therapeutic effect is carried out. One more advantage of such treatment is that steam envelops all respiratory tracts where there is a place of localization of a disease – disease-producing microbes, bacteria, slime, macrothat.
For carrying out inhalation in house conditions it is possible to use as the special inhalers which are on sale in drugstores and a usual pan in which medicinal substance is ready. Grass collecting, and also various infusions intended for inhalation today the huge set, the main thing is on sale – to pick up that which suits you and will already make it the doctor.