And whether you know...
General blood test
The general blood test is an informative and simple analysis which is based on studying of such indicators of blood as leukocytes and a leukocytic formula, basophiles, erythrocytes, thrombocytes, hemoglobin, a blood sedimentation rate, a hematocrit, a color indicator. In those cases if direct indications are absent, studying only of a leukocytic formula, leukocytes, hemoglobin and a blood sedimentation rate as these indicators are osnovoplagayushchy is possible.
If the general blood test is carried out on automatic hematologic devices, as a rule, results register in English and in a short form. Interpretation of indicators of the general blood test is included below:
- RBC – absolute quantity of erythrocytes
- WBC — absolute quantity of erythrocytes
- NTS – shows a hematocrit
- HGB – hemoglobin
- MCH – hemoglobin content level in an erythrocyte
- MCHC – the level of concentration of hemoglobin in an erythrocyte
- PLT – absolute quantity of thrombocytes
- MPV – thrombocyte volume
- PDW – distribution width on thrombocyte volume
Besides, in the general blood test still the set of indicators can be displayed.
The general blood test is the main analysis, with its help inflammatory processes, anemias, many diseases come to light. Blood sampling is made, as a rule, from a ring finger, is more rare – from a vein, strictly on an empty stomach.