And whether you know...
B9 vitamin (folic acid)
December 12, 2011
B9 vitamin (folic acid) is a vitamin which main function consists in maintenance of health of immune and circulatory systems. Folic acid together with its derivatives integrates in the general group under the name Folacinum.
Deficit of folic acid provokes development of tumors, to problems with marrow which considerably suffers from shortage of vitamin. It can lead to increase in predecessors of erythrocytes that in turn is the reason of formation of megaloblasts and so-called megaloblastny anemia. Diarrhea, anemia, a depression, appetite loss, inborn defects of the child at deficit during pregnancy, premature births – here not all frustration which can accompany shortage of B9 vitamin.
- From TsNS: sleeplessness, concern, problems with memory, concern, depression, weak-mindedness, apathy
- Problems with skin and hair: canities and hair loss, skin changes
- From a gastrointestinal tract: diarrhea and nausea, disturbance of digestion, pain in an abdominal cavity
- Growth delay
- Emergence of ulcers on mucous membranes
- Inborn defects of posterity
B9 vitamin role in an organism:
- Maintenance of health of new cells of an organism
- Creation of new cells that is especially important for small children, and also for mother and the child during pregnancy
- DNA replication
- Slows down approach of a menopause
- Positively influences activity of a brain
- Normalization level of a gomotsistein
- Positively influences female reproductive function
- Participation in hemopoiesis processes, practically all uniform blood elements
Indications to use:
- As one of elements of complex therapy during treatment of a depression, osteoporosis, atherosclerosis
- Prevention of anemia because of alcoholism, pregnancies, improper feeding, diseases of a gastrointestinal tract and a liver, other disturbances in an organism
- To the prima of some medicines: antiulcerous drugs, antacids, streptocides, antigiperlipidemichesky means, alcohol-containing drugs, antimetabolites.
- Deficit of folic acid
Norm of reception
400 mkg are made by norm of reception of B9 vitamin for the adult healthy person. During the person such requirement increases twice (800 mkg), during breastfeeding – in one and a half (600 mkg). Bactericidal and diuretic drugs, the prima of contraceptive tablets also demands increase in a dose of folic acid, in this case the doctor who prescribed medicine has to define a dosage.
Reception of folic acid together with B12 vitamin and vitamin C is considered optimum.
B9 vitamin sources
The human body itself is not capable to synthesize folic acid and therefore receiving during food or with special dietary supplements and vitamin complexes remains the only possibility of its receiving.
Main sources of folic acid of a natural origin: bean cultures, honey, a liver, products from coarse flour, green leaves and vegetables, some citrus fruit, grain. As a result of heat treatment of food part of folates, however in some countries producers are obliged to enrich the bakery products with this vitamin. Long storage of food stuffs also leads to considerable losses of this substance.
As showed researches, it is the best of all for pregnant women to accept B9 vitamin in the form of tablets as attempt to saturate with it usually does not lead an organism through food stuffs to sufficient consumption.
Folic acid was discovered accidentally. At the beginning of the last century anemia at pregnant women managed to be cured by means of a barmy extract therefore folic acid was designated as the main factor in yeast. In 10 flyings this substance was revealed in spinach, and already very soon removed in the artificial way.