And whether you know...
October 5, 2011
Gastric juice – the complex chemical intended for digestion of food stuffs. It is developed by cells of a mucous membrane of a stomach and represents acid, inodorous transparent substance. Discolorations to green and yellow confirms impurity of contents of a duodenum or bile, the brown or red shade can be result of impurity of blood, the putrefactive smell speaks about problems with transportation of contents of a stomach in intestines.
Speed of allocation of a gastric juice, its neutralization by slime, and also a state of health of bodies of the alimentary system define acidity of a gastric juice. Normal allocation of a gastric juice in a cavity is almost not allocated, it has to occur only at hit of food. Though even release of juice at feeling of smells of food, its look is considered normal, and sometimes and at talk and thoughts of it. The unpleasant look or a flavor of food can stop considerably or completely production of juice.
Distinguish from the main components of a gastric juice:
- Hydrochloric acid which is one of the most important substances which are a part of a gastric juice. Its functions consist in maintenance of necessary acid balance in a stomach, promotes formation of special substance which protects an organism from penetration of disease-producing substances from the gastrointestinal tract system — pepsin, prepares food for hydrolysis, activates enzymes, provides swelling of proteins of food.
- Bicarbonates protect a duodenum and a mucous membrane of a stomach by neutralization of hydrochloric acid in these areas. Superficial additional cells produce this substance, its concentration makes 45 mmol/l in a gastric juice.
- Slime – one of the main defenders mucous a stomach. She creates a gel layer thickness about a half of millimeter which concentrates bicarbonates, providing thereby protection of necessary sites against destructive influence of pepsin and hydrochloric acid. Slime is also made by additional superficial cells. Only small content of slime in a gastric juice is norm, its big concentration demonstrates inflammatory processes on mucous a stomach.
- Pepsin is the main enzyme which is responsible for the proteolysis. Its different isoforms enter interaction with different proteins. They are formed of pepsinogens which production is carried out by endocrine system of an organism.
It is possible to distinguish water, ammonia, phosphates, sulfates, chlorides, hydrocalcium carbonates from other components of a gastric juice, potassium, magnesium, sodium and other substances.
Per day the stomach of the person normal develops about 2 liters of this substance. Not stimulated food, at rest at men secretion makes:
- Gastric juice – about 90 ml/hour
- Hydrochloric acid – 3-4 mmol/hour
- Pepsin – about 22-30 mg/hour
Secretion of these substances in an organism of the woman makes 20-30% less.
The analysis of a gastric juice is an important diagnostic method which is carried out by means of special probes. The analysis is carried out on an empty stomach or with use of special irritants. By means of a probe the gastric juice or the maintenance of a stomach is taken.
The natural gastric juice or its artificial deputies can be applied to treatment of some diseases of a stomach which are followed by insufficient secretion.